Feel Better, Look Better, and Live Better With These 4 Summertime Self-Care Ideas
Last month we discussed how to fill your summer with love and care with five much-needed self-care activities. Today we wanted to continue enriching the lives of our customers with more self-care tips that will have you feeling better, looking better, and living better all summer long.
Find a Good Summer Beach Read
Enter a universe completely different from your own with a good summer beach read. Reading not only allows us to shut the rest of the world out, but it’s also a fantastic way to break up your daily, monotonous routine with time to yourself. And since it’s summertime what could be better than heading out to the beach with your beach read? Grab a towel, your beach tote, a couple of snacks, your fit-over sunglasses, and you’re all set!
If you’re more of an indoor gal and would rather cozy up in your blankets and pillows with the air conditioner blasting, what are you waiting for? Head over to your local bookstore, library, or ask a friend if they have a favorite they are willing to lend and start reading.
● Set the Mood - Spas always smell delicious. They have just the right amount of aroma in the air to calm your senses and help you relax without overdoing it. Try scents like lavender, rose, sandalwood, and chamomile.
● Transform Your Shower - Escape all of your daily responsibilities and transform your shower into a relaxing oasis, even if it’s just for 15 minutes. Reach for your washcloth and start cleansing and exfoliating from top to bottom for a luxurious spa-worthy experience.
● Treat Your Feet - Top off your at-home spa day with a lovely little pedicure, complete with a foot soak, moisturizing foot lotion, and nail color.
Soak Up More Vitamin DDid you know vitamin D is an absolute necessity when it comes to disease prevention and good health? What’s more, recent research suggests that frequent sun exposure not only produces vitamin D but also the compound nitric oxide which has been known to lower blood pressure over time. This summer, how will you get your daily dose of sunshine? Below are a few ideas to get you started!
● Enjoy a day by your favorite body of water, whether that be the beach, the lake or by the pool, just don’t forget your sunblock.
● Find a basket, blanket, and buddy, and head out into the great outdoors for a nice little picnic in the park.
● Visit your local garden center to purchase some plants, seeds, mulch, and a few gardening tools, and begin working on that garden you’ve put off since spring.
Reach Your Goals
Summertime is one of the greatest times to put your best foot forward and turn your ambitions into action. Whether you want to go to bed earlier, make smarter eating choices or be able to run a 5K by year’s end, with the right mindset these goals can be accomplished. Here are a few tips to help reach the goals stated above.
● Track Your Sleep - Do you feel you aren’t getting enough sleep and want to commit to going to bed earlier? Consider wearing an activity tracker to measure how much shut-eye you are actually getting. Activity trackers are also great at tracking calories burned and the number of steps you take.
● Create a Food Journal - Eating healthier can be difficult for some but if you start writing down everything you eat per day, you’d be surprised at all the not-so-healthy choices you are making day-to-day. A food journal is a great tool that will hold you accountable for smarter eating choices, as well as a way to follow your progress.
These are just a few summertime self-care activities for
you to indulge in this season. Visit our website today and
discover even more items to help you enjoy your most relaxing summer yet!